Instagram, a popular social messaging app that is started as only a media-sharing app. But now also, comprises features like chatting and calling. Instagram is hugely popular among teens and youth. The reason behind this is its youth-centric features, story-feature, highlights-feature, theme-based chatting, and so on. One such that feature is Instagram Vanish Mode. This feature comes in handy in chatting, and when sharing messages. In the vanish mode, every message is self-destructed message, i.e., delete automatically after a time limit.
What Is Vanish Mode?
Vanish Mode was released on Facebook Messenger in 2020, however, it has been added to Instagram’s messaging attribute as well. Facebook declared that this feature would permit users to make and join brief chat messages that are consequently removed when the chat ends. It is basically the same as Snapchat’s self-eradicating highlight, however, it will possibly work when you turn it on manually.
How to Use It on Instagram?
To enable Vanish Mode, follow the below steps:
- Open your Instagram application and touch on the visit symbol.
- Select an existing message or make another message chat then, then scroll to the bottom of your chat.
- Swipe up from the lower part of your screen and lift off your finger to enable Vanish Mode.
- Whenever it is enable, your screen turns black and some ‘Shush’ emoticons tumble from the top of your screen to alert that you are in Vanish Mode.
- Your chat mate likewise gets informed with a message on the screen that they are talking in the vanish mode. Feel free to send your Instagram direct messages as usual.
- To close the Vanish Mode feature, open your chat messages and click on Turn Off Vanish Mode at the top of your screen. It quickly leaves the Vanish Mode for you as well as your friend.
- When you close your chat window, all seen messages will vanish.
Important Things of Vanish Mode
This feature will just work with individuals who follow each other on Instagram. This is a security highlight by the company so you don’t need to manage spontaneous messages from outsiders on Instagram. You can likewise decide to opt-in to this feature with somebody or reject the invite. You have complete control of your chat insight.
Assuming your chat friend takes a screenshot of your messages in Vanish Mode, you get alerted quickly as well as the other way around. Ensure you turn on Vanish Mode prior to sharing a message, or, more than likely your chats will stay permanent except if you decide to “unsend” them.